Finding Free or Inexpensive Canning Jars?

I am looking for free or cheap canning jars of any size, shape, or color. Where can I find them?

By kelly from Roseville, MI

Look in thrift stores and join the freecycle groups by going to freecycle.org and looking for groups in your area.

You can find canning jars at estate sales and also garage sales.

And if you didn't mind paying a little bit, try http://www.specialtybottle.com. They have an amazing selection of bottles and jars. I found perfect sized 6 ounce jars for my yogurt maker there very inexpensively. They even came with extra lids. Really, their prices are great. I paid less than ten dollars including shipping for 12 jars that came with 15 lids.

You can try freecycle and also the thrift stores,,that is where I find a lot of my canning jars.

In my area, lots of people have jars in their basement they are not using any more. Ask around. You need to target senior citizens who used to have big families.

These are the sort of people who will have lots of jars, and many will just give them to you, just to declutter and to think that things will be used again. If you don't have those sorts of connections, try garage sales.

Food and Recipes CanningApril 15, 2011
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf65136690.tip.html

CanningFood and Recipes