AdviceCars

Parking Beside the Cart Holders

I have parked beside the cart holders in the parking lot for years for several reasons. At first I did it because I had an infant carrier, and rather than carry it into the store and then get the cart, I put it on the cart and pushed the whole thing inside. Now I use it so that I cut my risk of a door ding in half, and I can put the kids in the van and put the cart away without leaving them!

By Amy

By Paula W (Guest Post)

Amy, I've tried to park near the cart return section for years also. Makes it easy to be a "good citizen" and put the cart up. Like you, I started this when my kids were young. I just don't understand those able bodied folks that I see leaving their carts with no thought as to who might have trouble negotiating around them!

By Shirley (Guest Post)

Hi Amy thanks for this tip. I came out of Walmart to find that A shopping cart had been pushed into my car and it left a dent it. so this gave me a good idea.

By joyann (Guest Post)

Parking next to the cart holders is also great if you have a large car/truck/van. There is usually an unused strip of pavement next to the holders. Many parking places are so narrow these days. I have a mid size car and often times I can't even get the door open far enough to get out of the car.

Also good if you have a passenger with limited mobility [disabled & some seniors] and need to open the door as far as it will go so you can help them out.

By (Guest Post)

Amy this is good for not losing your car as the cart holders don't move unfortunately the carts go flying too often.

C.L.

To make shopping with small children easier, always park your car near a cart return bin. This way you'll have a cart nearby to load the children when entering the store and the cart return will be close when unloading your bags and putting the children in their car seats.

By Cheryl from Missouri