BathroomHome

Scratched Mirror

Something was used that has scratched my 6x4 ft bathroom mirror! Is there anything I can use make it less noticeable. It looks like the glass is easy to leave a mark on. Is there such a thing as soft glass?

Anbsmommy from Spanaway, WA

By Tracy (Guest Post)

You can get one of those kits designed to fill and repair scratches on eyeglasses and use that on the scratch.

Good luck.

By siris. (Guest Post)

I've heard that glass can be restored on eye glasses by polishing with sheepskin at high speed. I have a sheepskin buffer that fits the electric drill. It fits over a buffer pad. Might be worth a try.

I'm new here & don't know if we can just throw out ideas without knowing for sure whether they work, but long ago I heard of something for glass scratches, like car wax maybe? It was something that would fill in & dry to a sort of a neutral color to make it blend in & less obvious.

Do they make clear putty? That MIGHT work!?

By Amanda in VA (Guest Post)

We had several small holes (caused by a previous owner) on our large bathroom mirror. I found some vinyl clings that went with the bathroom decor and just applied them over the holes. It was my kids' bathroom, and I was able to use fish and place them randomly. This might not work if you have a long straight scratch, but maybe you could do something with a vine?