Dips For Kids Lunches

I am always looking for ideas for my kids lunches since they don't like to eat at school. When I go to various restaurants (ie, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendys to name a few) to eat we usually have leftover "ranch" of any dipping containers. I take them home and use them to put in my kids lunches for dipping carrots and other veggies. They love it!

By Reneé

when my son was young, he enjoyed dipping carrots into honey with poppy seeds sprinkled on top.....you can easily put this in a small container along with a ziplock bag full of carrots

Why not train children when they are young enough to bite these foods that NATURAL is the BEST, that
dressings are only creamy and flavored chemicals which COVER UP the wonderful flavors of what God intended for humans to eat. I doubt they include
all the JUNK the mfg. calls "natural". It must be because it is naturally found 6' under the ground! lol
God bless you. Keep searching.

I agree that those dipping cups from fast food places are loaded with fats and oils that nobody should put into their body. Take a couple dollars out of your pocket and buy fat-free dressing at the store and place in little cups. They taste just like the other stuff, seriously.

We send hummus made at home. She takes crispy tortilla (cut and crisped in the oven), carrots, celery and olives. Add a yogurt and apple and she is set. We also make vinegarette for her to dip vegetables at lunch. She has a pretty wide palate, and we try to change up her lunches frequently.

No one in our family goes to school anymore, but we keep these containers of sauces/dips too! They really come in handy and are free. I dont think this is a bad idea at all. You can make your fries or chicken nuggets at home and itll be better than fast food, but since the sauce is what masks the main course. You pretty much have McDs or whatever anyways lol. Im not a big health nut, but disregard all the negativity people have. After all, you are sending veggies with the kids, not potato chips :)!