Jewelry Made Out of Game Pieces

I want to use Scrabble tiles or Dominoes and add my picture, etc. to it for a necklace. On the back you glue on a bail to hold your chain. I was wondering how I can make a bail for this type of jewelry. The type I'm interested in would be glued on and a loop on it for a chain.

By Mary from NH

Use large jump rings that you can get at craft stores. We've made many necklaces out of dominoes, etc, and it works great.

If the tile or domino is made of wood, there are tiny screw in eyes that you can use. Start a hole with an awl or ice pick, and then screw in manually. These are available in craft and hardware stores.

I would like to make jewelry from Dominoes and Scrabble pieces. Can you please tell me how? Thanks.

Karen from Woodland Hills, UT

Answers:

Jewelry Made Out of Game Pieces

I just bookmarked a site with instructions on how to make a Scrabble Tile Pendant but you could also make pins or other jewelry items with the same technique:

http://www.makeandtakes.com/links/scrabble-tile-pendant-tutorial

(12/24/2008)

By KL

Jewelry Made Out of Game Pieces

I make these all of the time. There are several ways you can drill through them or glue them onto a bangle or glue ribbon to the back of them. Either way they can be so much fun. I actually use some and decoupage them after I drill them through. Then place on stretch cord with pretty beads in between and voila. Good luck. (02/15/2009)

By Anna

Jewelry Made Out of Game Pieces

Thanks everyone for the information. (02/23/2009)

By Karen Jensen