Download Books From Library

I have a small Netbook computer and I also like to read. I discovered I can download books from the library to my Netbook free.

For example, my city library offers hundreds of up to date books free to download to your computer or iPod touch, and all you need is to apply online for an account without stepping foot in the library.

Usually you can loan up to 10 books for up to 21 days at a time.

Check with your local library. They all have digital reading material to borrow for patrons. It's a great way to save money. No more buying books.

By pat from CA

I do the same, Pat. Everybody, remember that you don't need a Netbook or other portable reader in most cases. Our library in South Florida also has links for free download reader applications for your desktop PC or laptop like Adobe ePub. You can get free audiobooks and videos, too!

I've been doing this, but the library I use is for the blind and physically handicapped. My downloads are formatted for the talking book machine. My daughter, however, owns and regularly uses her Kindle to download books from Amazon. Now that I know library downloads are available for standard reading devices, I'm going to pass this on! Thanks!

Amazon.com has apps for downloading the Kindle reader app to your computer and other mobile devices, too. Once you've created an Amazon account, downloaded and installed the app, you can search for free ebooks to "buy". The books will go either to the device or you can put them in cloud storage to access from multiple systems. A credit card number may be required for your account registration but free books will not be added to your account in spite of having to click on the "buy" tab.