AdviceDogs

Puppy Vaccination Schedule

How old do my Boxer puppies have to be before I give them their first vaccinations and dewormer?

By Cynthia

There are some organizations out there who may help with you precious dog's health care. The following two sites will give you more information:

http://www.resc  nancial_help.htm

http://www.huma  rinary_care.html

Your dog may have a very bad kidney infection or urinary infection, which is extremely painful! If it is a urinary and/or kidney infection, the blood in the urine indicates it is now severe. A simple Urinalysis would show if this was the case and antibiotics would be given.

You could try contacting Animal Rescues in your county and State to see if they can help or give you advice on where to get help. Additionally, you could call your local Humane Society or Animal Shelter and talk to them and ask if they know of a Vet or Vets in your area who may be willing to help. Good luck to you! Please keep us posted!

How often does a dog need to be vaccinated?

By VK from North Plainfield, NJ

Answer Was this helpful? 2

Adult dogs should be given a full vaccine yearly, along with rabies. Puppies should be vaccinated more often (boosters), but your vet should tell you the schedule based on the age, health, and breed of your puppy.

I think we've gotten too crazy with all the vaccinations that our pets are suppose to have. If you stop and think before going to the vets - is your dog around other dogs all the time? What is he exposed to on a regular basis? Do you board your dog? If the answer is no to some of these questions then you might not have to get a lot of vaccines. I only gave my dogs Rabies shots. I never boarded them so I didn't need that shot. Think about what you really need instead of pumping your dog with all kinds of shots.