Look for Free-Bates At Drugstores

Here's a money saving tip, even better than a Dutch Treat.

My college roommate is from Holland and she herself has told me they are very frugal in that country. Although she and her husband are financially secure, she still practices those habits which were instilled in her in Holland.

She introduced me to the Free-Bates which many drugstores are using to gain your business. Each month they have a flyer at the front of the store which lists items that qualify for a rebate which covers the entire cost of the item purchased. You can even fill the form out on the computer with very little effort.

If you choose to have the rebate put on their store bonus card, you even get an additional 5% on the card. They are essentially paying you to shop there. I have discovered some products which I really enjoy using which I wouldn't have tried had it not been for this program.

If there are items you don't want, you can get them to give to your other family members or to a local charity which ministers to the homeless. The rebate money is there on your card to use for purchases of other items and even on prescription drugs. We also have gotten several credits of $25 for transferring or buying a new prescription from various stores.

NOTE: These are not the fliers that come in the mail or with your newspaper. They are located just as you enter the store in most cases.

Source: From my frugal Dutch friend.

By Sandy from Elon, NC