StylingHair Tips

Using Knox for Your Hair

Category Styling

I have a mohawk, around 8", and my hair is stubborn about staying up with glue and hair spray. I have have heard that knox works wonders, but I'm not sure how much or what to mix it with and so forth, any help is much appreciated.

caitlib

I do not know about knox. But my son had a mohawk that was 6"-8". He used elmers glue.
It was safe and washed easily out of his hair.

Knox works, all you have to do is mix it with a little warm water and let it disolve. I would usually leave it in a jelly-like consistancy so it doesn't slop all over when applying. So add water slowly, until it gets to a managable consistancy.

Elmer's glue is a bit better I think. And the best part is, you don't have to do it everyday. I used to wash mine only once a week. It is a bit of trouble to get the glue out, and I found that it holds up better as your hair gets a little dirty. Make sure to touch up as needed each day.

For shorter mohawks; I always used "soap scum". You know that slime that collects in the soap dish and on the bottom of the soap when you put in away wet. Scrape that off and use it as a gel. It remains flexible so you don't injure anyone with stiff hair, it is easy to wash out and it holds up pretty well. As my hair would grow out, I would stiffen it a bit with hair spray.

In fact you can use a stiff hair spray. We used to cut out a cardboard mold. (A cresent shaped peice of cardboard.) Take the mold and hold it up where the mohawk will be. (Make sure to center it, otherwise you will have a leaning tower of hair.) Comb the hair into place and spray. Use the hair dryer on low to set the spray and reapply. Do this in layers until the hair is in place and stiff. You may need help to get this just right. After the hair is up, you may need to do a little finishing work once you have peeled away the cardboard, and it will need daily touch ups.

Good luck.

Glue does not work for my hair, it just doesn't.

My personal choice is maple syrup and soap, works great together..

i dont know where you live, so if this would be available or not, but Got2Be Spiking Freeze Spray works amazingly.
how thick is your hair, and how wide is your mohawk??
that might add problems to it.
ive never tried knox.

i tru knox and it left my hair all white i rather go with got2b glued rubber cement it's elastic hold for spiking manipulate control.got2b#1!

I have about a 1 foot hawk

and it takes alot of just about everything to stick it up

my choice is Knox Geletine

but first you should wash your hair with hand soap for about a week or so....

it thins the hair or somethin'

Well i tried Knox and first i think i messed up making it and second it left lots of white specks in my hair.....but after a while it dried really nice and just to give it some more strength i used some go2B glue and my hair is great.....oh by the way my hair is in a liberty spiked mohawk....oh and the Knox leaves your hair smelling like something dead i think.

I used knox when my hair got to about a foot it was pretty hard to put it up with anything else so knox is pretty good for longer hair

Glue doesn't work in my hair. Knox work amazingly

ya dude knox works wonders, its about 1$ a box and has 4 packs a box, i use 2 pack everytime i put mine up so buy a bunch of boxs

Dude.... Tease the roots and use a bunch of hairspray with a straightening iron. It works great. Teasing is when you comb your hair backwards real fast with a comb intil it stands up.

Knox is awesome. I have a 7 inch mohawk and I love Knox. My hair doesn't really like to cooperate so Knox gives it a good slap and it stays in place lol.

and the pic that is added..me when it was only a measly 5.5 inches lol

1/2 cup of hot water, and add 6 little packages of knox.

alot of the bigger punk stars use knox for their hair sch as tim armstrong and lars fredriksen so i think there's something to be said about it. However, i did hear that the styling can tend to stunt your hair's growth. the most widely heard recipe for knoxing your hair is 1/3 cup hot/boiling water and 3 packets of knox. Good luck.

K well so far iv herd it leaves white " spots" in your hair
is that like.. little bleach marks? or just the fraying gell stuff that like flakes off your hair?

I used to use got 2 be gluedm it worked well until my hair grew now I'm just gonna buy knox.

Dude, I want to get liberty spikes and I was just wondering if you think that they are any good at staying up? If so could you tell me what stuff is better to use? Thanks much