Removing Rubber Odor From New Bras

I just purchased new bras that have a very strong rubber odor. They have been washed repeatedly but to no avail. Now they just sit in a box. Can someone help me find out how to remove the new rubber odor in this type of clothing?

Tara

I've had good luck getting odors out with kitty litter. A good quality litter seems to work best. Put litter in a plastic bag, put the item on top of it and close it tightly. Let sit for 24 - 48 hours. Works great on smelly tennis shoes, smoke and pet odors.

My husband sweats profusely in his sleep. It is so bad that I cannot get the stench out of our bed pillows. Most of them are down and cannot be washed in the washer machine. I have tried febreeze to no avail. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have had this problem too and from different brands of bras. I have tried soaking them in laundry detergent (even in vinegar) but after each wash they still have an awful odor and I can't wear them. The strange thing is they don't smell like this when purchased, only after the first wash. And from then on. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

I just found this info from a rubber mfr site:
"Rubber Odor: All products made with SBR rubber, including automobile tires, have a distinct rubber odor. This odor eventually off-gasses leaving no detectable odor. Under ideal conditions, the Tire Veneer, upon arrival to the job site, should be unpacked immediately and the tiles or rolls laid out near where they are to be installed. This will allow them to off-gas or breath. The more time available for this the better. Recognizing that ideal conditions rarely exist, after installation, increasing the room temperature as high as possible overnight will accelerate the off-gassing process."

I have a rubber purse that I'm currently keeping on my back porch and after a couple days it seems to be "off-gassing" successfully.

I recently purchased a balance ball that you use to excercise with. The rubber on the ball smells so bad it makes me nauseous. The company said the smell will never go away because of the materials used to make it. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem and if so have you had any success removing the smell?

I'd like to know the same.