AdvicePets

Coffee Cup For Cat Water

I keep an old coffee cup in the bathroom for my cat's drinking bowl. It's super easy to keep filled with clean water and he loves drinking out of a "people cup."

By Jane from Stone Mountain, GA

Cute story! We used to keep an extra water bowl in our bathroom and found our cats drank from it more than the one in the kitchen. I think a vet told me that cats actually prefer to drink water somewhere other than by their food bowls. Have no idea why but I think that's probably true as I did find mine drinking in the bathroom much more.

That is one spoiled kitty! Ha! Almost as spoiled as the one that's helping me type this - Miss Kitty. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you.

We have been doing this for a few years now. The cats let us know when that cup needs to be refilled!

The first night we had our cat Graycie, I woke up to find her drinking from my water glass on my night stand. Ever since then, I keep my glass in the bathroom but always keep a glass on the night stand for Graycie. I often find her drinking from it during the day, even though she has a large bowl of water by her food. Maybe cats do like their water away from, their food. Cats are a constant source of entertainment!

The first night we had our cat Graycie, I woke up to find her drinking from my water glass on my night stand. Ever since then, I keep my glass in the bathroom but always keep a glass on the night stand for Graycie. I often find her drinking from it during the day, even though she has a large bowl of water by her food. Maybe cats do like their water away from their food. Cats are a constant source of entertainment!