SewingCrafts

Pattern For Capes For Beauty Shops

Category Sewing

Where can I obtain a pattern for capes used in beauty shops, etc?

Maybe your favorite beauty operator would let you draw a paper patern from one that she uses.....then make note of finish datails and fasteners.... should not be hard to construct from there.....good luck!

I remember my mother who cut all of our hair always used a full skirt for a cover. She unbuttoned it pulled it over our heads and depending on weather it was dad or kids used a safety pin to close. After she was done, unpinned slipped our heads out and, VOILA! no little hairs all over us. I'm sure you could find a skirt at second-hand store or in the pattern store.

I went to the fabric store and asked for material that would not let hair clippings cling to itself. Almost a "plastic"ky type of material, very thin and lightweight. I bought enough to make a circle... however wide the material came in was the width of my circle. I cut and then hemmed all around the edge of the circle. Then I found the center of the circle. I cut a hole in the center that would fit the average neck of a person and then I made a 5" slit from this center hole towards the outside hem. I hemmed all around the neck hole and slit. Then I took velcro and sewed velcro on the neck hole on each side of the slitted area. This homemade cape has lasted for 17 years and only now I do I need to replace the velcro...totally worn out. The velcro makes the neck hole adjustable without using safety pins or buttons.

I have saved...at $10 MINIMUM (not counting taxes and gas for the vehicle to get there) per haircut...a haircut every 2 months minimum time frame...multiplied by one husband and 2 teenage boys...added also 2 haircuts for a teenage girl with long hair per year... at least $60 per guy per year for the last 17 years (60 x 17 is $1020)... and $20 per year for my daughter (20 x 17 is $340)...wow!! The little bit that I paid for the hairdressing scissors and my comb and homemade cape have really paid off. And that is at least what I have saved besides the time and inconvenience of making appointments and getting to the salon. Just whip out the scissors, cape and comb and get a quick haircut. Many times it has happened that the kids will let me know ten minutes before they have to head to school in the morning, "mom... I have to have a haircut NOW".