StainsCleaning

Removing Marker From a Basketball

How do you remove marker from a basketball?

Ryan from Bribane

Try scribbling over it with a dry erase marker, completely covering the sharpie and then erase it. It should take it right up. Didn't believe it until I had to do this myself.

wd40 did not work

I garunte that nail polish remover or perfume would get it off right away, trust me I know this sounds silly but it'll sure work, any kind of alcohol product would remove sharpie from any non fabric surface

Does anyone know of a way to remove sharpie (permanent) marker from a basketball? Someone wrote on my daughter's basketball and I'd like to remove it if possible. Thanks!

Peggygv from San Antonio, TX

Answers:

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

Rubbing alcohol will often take it off, or (at least) take a lot of it off. I don't think it will hurt the surface of the ball--but test it on an inconspicuous area first. (03/19/2006)

By Jill

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

Try a product called "oops!" It is available at hardware stores and walmart type stores. It is for removing paint spilled on carpet but it works for lots of other things. If that doesn't work try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. That works on everything I have ever tried. It's amazing. Good luck! (03/20/2006)

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

Try fingernail polish remover, I used it all the time in removing sharpies on items when working in school. (03/21/2006)

By Kenett

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

I don't know if this would work, but try WD40. My husband has done amazing things all over our house, his tools & our yard with WD40. Good luck. (03/21/2006)

By Ace00

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

Try "AWESOME". I get it at our local Dollar Store and it is really awesome. I have used it for just about everything. It removed bright red fingernail polish from a light blue rug. (03/21/2006)

By kinmicsmom

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

You can remove the sharpie from any hard surface by just going over the same lines with a sharpie and immediately wipe with a cloth as you go. Crazy but it works, done it many times. (04/04/2006)

By Bob

Removing Sharpie From a Basketball

Rubbing alcohol probably isn't the best option. I attempted to remove Sharpie marker from a basketball of mine with rubbing alcohol, and it removed the grip on the ball where the marker used to be... I'd go with another option. (03/07/2007)

By Matt