Remedies for Stinky Feet

Avoiding unpleasant odor and embarrassment when removing your footwear, can be accomplished. This page is about remedies for stinky feet.

When smelly feet were brought up at a recent podiatry appointment for a man, the doctor told the wife that feet have sweat glands too. Foot odor can be helped. He advised her to use spray deodorant on them. She bought deodorant and the smell subsided from the feet. The amount you use can be controlled if you need more or less. Washing your shoes often will also cut down on smelly feet.

By gem from VA

Keep an inexpensive container of solid deodorant where you first put on your shoes in the morning. Just quickly rub the deodorant stick over the bottom of your feet (soles and toes), before putting on your socks or shoes. This keeps feet, socks, and shoes free of odor. And you'll never be embarrassed to take off your shoes. All you'll smell is a pleasant deodorant scent.

By Steph in Ohio from Cincinnati, OH

To remedy stinky toes, soak your feet in a pail of warm black tea many times. Wear sandals and air your feet.

By Dorothy from Durban, KZN

I went to a foot doctor with my stinky feet. He gave me prescription for an antifungal to rub on the bottom of my feet. He also said if my feet ever stink again to put underarm deodorant before putting your socks on.

I have visited my doctor more than five times. I used different treatments such as: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, Itraconazole tablets for a month, and clotrimazole cream and powder for a long time. In addition to this, I would change my shoes and socks a couple of times very day; I washed my feet two times a day. But I didn't get any solution. It smells even with in an open shoe. So please I need your experience.

By Solomon B

Answers

Here is a link I found that answers this question, as a matter of fact, there are many answers on this link.
www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Foot-Odor

Blessings, Robyn from Tennessee

After I take my shoes off my feet and shoes smell awful. It stinks up the whole house. What can I do?

By Sue K.

Answers

one thing I have found that works is ater you wash your feet wipe them down with Watkins Red Liniment. It really helps cut down on the smell.
www.watkinsonline.com/productdetail.cfm?Product=02317&gcatalogLocale...

Baking soda in your shoes every night and a medicated powder in your socks every day. If your feet sweat, take a few extra pair of socks to change during the day.

Before you change socks, dry your feet well, sprinkle more powder on your feet then put on dry socks. It's really not good to wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Alternate If you can.

Soak your feet in a strong solution of black tea and the hottest water you can stand for 20-30 minutes. Use inexpensive teabags (cheaper the better) to make the tea solution and leave them in while u soak. Every once in a while, rub your soles over the bags in the water. As others have said, do not wear the same shoes more than two days in a row. You also might try that clinical strength underarm deodorant but put it on your feet.

My husband's feet were the same way. He bought "ODOR EATERS" placed them in his shoes and his shoes and feet have been odor free.

My feet stink even after a shower, scrub, and massage, nothing helps?

By crazy eddiy

Answers

Soak your feet in Brewed Black Tea. Ten days of soaking for 15 minutes and then soak as necessary! Just saw it on Dr. Oz the other day

My son had such stinky feet, once on vacation we threw his shoes out the car window but we learned

Degree deodorant spray used for a few days stops it for months. Lots of luck.

Soak those feet for a min of 15 min in 2 quarts of water, 1 cup of kosher salt and 1/2 cup lemon juice. No need to wash feet after you soak. Just pat them dry. Make sure you wear 100 percent cotton socks so your feet can breathe. foot powder helps (i use my own homemade stuff which is baking soda and talc). Also, try not to wear the same shoes every day and keep a pair filled with foot powder while you are not wearing them. Wash tennis shoes and slippers often using washing soda along with your detergent. If your feet start getting dry from the lemon juice or powder, simply apply glycerin lotion before you put on the foot powder

I read on thrifty that rubbing alcohol works for under arm odor, works great, might work for feet.

A friend once told me "Zinc if you stink!". I'm not sure if it works but it's safe to try it!

I tried Pedisolix from germany anti foot odor product. Its realy amazing. 1 Appl. last up to 4 Month.

My feet smell bad. I think that it is because of sweating too much on my feet. I have tried different medications and home remedies, but it is not working. What do you advise me to do? Thanks.

By David from VA

My feet will stink at work even though I change shoes every day. They stink more with my shoes on and most of the time my shoes and socks don't stink at the end of the day. I suspect it is an internal problem. What can I do?

By Art

This is a page about preventing stinky feet from Crocs. Keeping your feet from sweating is the best way to help prevent foot odor. Try wearing cotton socks with your Crocs, use foot deodorant, or wash your feet a couple of times during the day on hot days.

Green crocs on a white background

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Stinky feet? I use the same deodorant that I use under my arms on my feet. It does the same thing. I like the spray type best for under the arms and feet.

Source: Me, I am cheap and have smelly feet.

By Gingerlilymay from New York, NY

Answers:

Solution for Stinky Feet

I use spray deodorant to keep my feet dry and to keep them from sticking to sandals and flip flops in the summertime. Works like a charm! (01/07/2008)

By Kelly Shaffer

Solution for Stinky Feet

Amen! I've been doing this for years. It always gives me a laugh when I see a recommendation to use some expensive specialty spray or powder on sweaty feet, when regular old underarm deodorant works just as well for a fraction of the cost. Of course, it lacks the antifungal agents of the foot sprays, but if you keep your feet dry and don't go barefoot in public places, you won't need an antifungal. And underarm deodorant is available in whatever scent you want -- or no scent at all. (01/07/2008)

By Kelly

Solution for Stinky Feet

Yep! I do the same for my daughter as boot season can be smelly! Some on her feet and away she goes! (01/07/2008)

By Michawn

Solution for Stinky Feet

I was just watching Dr Oz on Opra. He suggests having a foot bath with warm water and teabags. The teabags have tannin in them that eliminates the odor. A guest was on the show that verified this works. (01/07/2008)

By Sheila

Solution for Stinky Feet

LOL! cracks me up - but cool tip! thanks! (01/07/2008)

By Lily

Solution for Stinky Feet

Bad case of smelly feet? I would call this remedy a CURE. Soak your feet in warm water to which you have added about 1 ounce of "DETTOL" You can find this at most pharmacies or even some grocery stores.
Add about one ounce of dettol to approximately 2 or 3 gallons of warm water in the foot bath . Soak for 1/2 hour or so. Clean toenails thoroughly.

I wiped out All his shoes in the inside with a strong solution of Dettol. And then I gathered up ALL his socks and washed them in the washing machine--again with dettol in the water. I had to do this again 3 or 6 months later, but guess what? This was several years ago, and no problem since. Good Luck! (01/11/2008)

By Beatrice Bleackley

Solution for Stinky Feet

Just read about using BodyMint from BodyMint.com or trying Chlorophyll supplementsfrom health-food stores of drugstores. The best buy howerve, was Now Chlorphyll 100mg $10 for 90 capsules from the health food store. (01/19/2008)

By Deb

Solution for Stinky Feet

I have tried teabags, deodorant, everything. It just doesn't work. I need help. It's affecting my life. (02/28/2008)

By nuraan

Solution

How can they not smell their own feet smelling so bad. It is awful, almost too much to bear. I am going to try all the above. I will let you know in a few days. Thanks for the suggestions. (03/28/2008)

By Nell

Solution for Stinky Feet

i know this is several months later, but I just read this thread. My father in law had the same problem and soaks his feet in Listerine mouth wash. Use the regular. If you use the blue, it will turn your skin blue. It cures everything. I get the off brand and it works the same on my husband. If you do it several days in a row, when your feet start feeling cool, it means that the fungus is gone and it is working. Revives the feet too!! My husband just uses the same bowl of stuff, don't dump it out as it kills the bacteria and fungus (10/24/2008)

By Kelly Penny

Solution for Stinky Feet

I was told that foot and shoe odor is caused by bacteria and microbes. It took me almost 10 years to really get rid of this problem. For a long time I thought it wasn't really possible and that I had to live with it. This is how I solved it:

1. I use antibacterial soap to wash my feet twice a day.

2. I buy high quality shoes that I clean and vent.

3. And as of recently, I kill all the bacteria inside the shoe with UV light using a shoe tree that emits UV light to kill 100% of the bacteria. (02/21/2010)

By JohnC

I am looking for a remedy for feet that stink.

By Cely from Merced, CA

Answers:

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Just add some baking soda to your powder that you use. If not that, mix some soda with cornstarch and use that. It will keep your feet dry and take care of the smell. (11/15/2010)

By DonnaKay Ortega

Remedies For Stinky Feet

The one I've heard about is soaking your feet in strong black tea. The tannic acid in the tea is antibacterial, antifungal, and an astringent which works on the organisms that cause the ordor. Good luck. (11/16/2010)

By merlene smith

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Dr. Oz says to sprinkle some Epsom Salts in some warm water and soak your feet. (11/16/2010)

By linda

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Also, make sure your shoe insoles aren't contributing to the problem. You make need to perodically put baking soda in your shoes or add insertable insoles. (11/18/2010)

By Pam Griffis

Remedies For Stinky Feet

I don't know if it is the "best" method but I have stinky feet! This is what I do:

I keep charcoal shoe inserts in my shoes and change them often.
I also use stick deodorant on my feet each morning (they sweat a lot).
Finally, I soak my feet at least once a week in warm (not hot) water and vinegar, about 1/2 a cup to a gallon of water.

Every once in a while I think my stinky feet problem is completely gone and will stop my routine only to have the problem come back within a week. (11/19/2010)

By Brique

Are there any concoctions out there for smelly feet while in the shoes?

What is the best remedy for your boyfriend's stinky feet?

Load More

Health & Beauty AdviceMay 31, 2012
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf689584.tip.html