Sinus Solutions

I met a woman recently who had cosmetic surgery to correct sinus problems. Well, I thought to myself, when suffering, I just use heating pads on my sinuses to help them drain, plus a little bit of decongestant (too much irritates the sinuses and makes them worse). Also drink hot drinks and inhale the steam, and you can squirt saline solution up your nose. But then, I like my nose the way it is. I guess she didn't!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

Technically, if she did the surgery to correct sinus problems, she did not have "cosmetic" surgery. The kind of surgery you are talking about involves drilling holes in a deviated septum and things like that to clear open the airway. There is no cutting in to the nose itself at all. Maybe she got a nose job and just didnt want to tell anybody that it was just for looks. The surgery usually is a last resort for people who have suffered sinus problems for years and are tired of taking meds and not being able to breathe.

I know two people who have had sinus surgery and one person could finally taste and smell again. I never realized how inconvenient it would be if you can't taste or smell!