Freezing or Canning Bell Peppers

Can you freeze or can bell peppers?

By Joi from Knoxville, TN

I freeze bell peppers, I take the seeds out, and dice them and put about 1/2 cup in a baggie and then put them all in another container and pop them in the freezer, then use them in cooking.

Yes, you can freze bellpeppers and onions too. I used to do it all the time. What I did was chop them however I was going to use them. Threw them in a snack sized baggie then threw them in the freeezer. I put them in a Gallon sized baggie jsut to keep them contained. When I wanted them I just pulled out a small baggie and dumped them in say a meatloaf or soup or whatever.

Think I will start doing this again when they go on sale soon. HTH, Dahart

Both bell peppers and onions freeze well to be used in cooked foods. They will not be good for eating raw, as in salads. I like to chop them up, freeze them on a cookie sheet and then bag them. That way you can take out and use as many, or few as you like without them being frozen together.

To freeze bell peppers to use in making stuffed peppers, cut the top off, remove the seeds and blanche them in boiling water for a couple of minutes then put them into ice water until cool to handle, turn them upside down on paper towels to drain. Freeze them on a cookie sheet and then bag them for long term storage in the freezer. When ready to use them just remove from freezer, fill them with stuffing and cook them as you would if using fresh ones. They are delicious.

You can freeze them very well. I clean and chop them and put them in freezer bags.

You can also buy them chopped and frozen. You can freeze celery too.

And they "can" beautifully too. See this site (Thrifty Fun) for canning instructions.

I freeze them all the time, use in cooked recipe as they get soft.

I freeze bell peppers. Just seed them and chop them. I put mine up in quart bags and just take out the amount I need when I'm cooking.
Hugs, Paula

I wash and remove the seeds. Dry the peppers with paper towel. I chop my excess bell peppers into small pieces and place in freezer bag, being sure I lay them flat in the freezer until frozen.

I can then remove what I need for meatloaf or anything else I can add them to while cooking.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 30, 2011
💘
🍀