Freezing Bell Peppers

I would like to know how to prepare green bell peppers for freezing. I would like to prepare whole peppers for stuffing. Do I have to blanche first, thaw then cook or can I just freeze, stuff and cook while frozen.

By rovindell from Ellicott City, MD

Bell peppers, celery, onions (and some fruits, like grapes and bananas) can all be frozen without blanching. (I do it all the time). For the peppers, core and wash and thoroughly dry (leaving water on them hastens deterioration because ice crystals form) and then pack in freezer container or bags. To keep their shape (if you have a crowded freezer) you might want to wrap individually and stack them inside something else, like a paper milk carton.

Anonymous

I freeze my stuffing peppers whole. I rinse them off and cut the stem flush with top of pepper so doesn't puncture the bag. Do not cut or remove insides. I freeze them in doubled bread bags. When ready to use I pull out what I need. Quickly cut off top and break insides out.

Rinse in cold water. Stuff and get into oven. Have your stuffing mixture ready before you pull peppers from freezer. Bake as you would as if not frozen. I have stored them up to a year and no problems. When run out of sliced and diced I pull a whole one. Seed it and quickly slice or chop. Works just fine.

I freeze my stuffing peppers whole. I rinse them off and cut the stem flush with top of pepper so doesn't puncture the bag. Do not cut or remove insides. I freeze them in doubled bread bags. When ready to use I pull out what I need. Quickly cut off top and break insides out. Rinse in cold water. Stuff and get into oven. Have your stuffing mixture ready before you pull peppers from freezer. Bake as you would as if not frozen. I have stored them up to a year and no problems. When run out of sliced and diced I pull a whole one. Seed it and quickly slice or chop. Works just fine.

I pre-stuff my bell peppers with the mixture below and when ready to use, take out and place in 2-3 inches of water with a lid and steam all til done. My stuffing is ground beef, minute rice, stewed tomatoes, and diced onions mixed together and spooned into each pepper. Put caps back on the peppers, but remove the stem and store in freezer bags.

Anonymous

I stuff my bell peppers with minute rice, pasta sauce, diced chicken breast, and shredded cheese.

May I have your recipe? Thanks

I wash, core and chop my bell peppers then put them in a freezer bag. I can take out what I need that way. Celery can also be frozen.

For bananas I peel and slice in rounds and freeze on a flat surface then put in bags. I think you can freeze the whole banana too if you are going to use them for bread.

Can I put a whole pepper in the freezer bag and freeze it

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesNovember 12, 2010
💘
🍀