Refill Your Popcorn At End Of Movie

When seeing a movie at the theater, I usually end up buying a large popcorn for an additional 75 cents more to get a free refill, but I never really refill it. So, you not only paid big bucks for a movie, but you just lost an additional 75 cents. My solution, now right before leaving the theater, I get my free refill, take it home and keep it covered. Then I make snack bags for the kids to carry or I take one to work for snacking on.

By mcastel from Orange, CA

I love it, you paid for it, might as well get it and bring it home.

I take a gallon size ziploc baggie with me and at the end of the movie, I pour the remaining popcorn into the baggie and get the container refilled. With the high prices they charge and the fact that I love the popcorn from the theater, I want to get my money's worth. I'm going to pickup some cheap shower caps at the dollar general to cover the container to protect from rain and wind.

I haven't seen a movie in a theater for years, but I suspect I'd do the same thing - I might even be brave enough to use the baggie, too.

Thank you! My husband thought I was crazy for doing that. But for some reason it tastes so much better as a snack a day or two later.

I like the other ideas you guys had for storage. We also do bring our own water in my big purse and stop at 711 and have everyone pick their own snack. Thanks for the comments!

It is a good idea if you want to eat it, but movie theatre popcorn is one of the most unhealthy snacks you can buy.

I know we all want to save money, but taking popcorn home is close to pathetic. It's cold, it's no longer fresh, etc. You'd be better off taking your own popcorn, and you'd save more money.

You could get the refill and pass up on getting the butter put on. Then take it home and make white chocolate (1 1/2 block)/rice krispie (2 cups)/peanut (16 oz.) popcorn. Yummy

Entertainment MoviesNovember 10, 2011
🐛
🌻
😷
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf69905037.tip.html