Freezing Cooked Zucchini

When freezing zucchini, do l shredded it after I cook it and then freeze it?

By susan burnette from lN

Hi Susan! I have had good luck with simply shredding it, measuring it out into 4 cup increments, and freezing it. I have noticed that when I thaw it to use in baking bread, the quantity is about half of the freshly shredded variety. I guess that is from the liquid portion freezing and thawing. I recently read that you should squeeze out the liquid before freezing. I think I will give that a try this year. Good luck!

If you plan to use the shredded zucchini in bread, you don't cook it anyway. You just leave it raw. I shred mine, put in freezer without any other prep.

Sometimes it gets a little too "soupy" when frozen so you might want to drain some of the moisture off so your bread turns out ok.

I just shred it raw and put it in freezer bags. Once thawed I usually drain and squeeze out excess water.

I, too, just shred and freeze in a freezer bag. For fried or baked zucchini, I slice it and bread it, freeze on a cookie sheet then put into a bag and put into the freezer. I do the same with my okra.

Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 28, 2010
🍀
💘