FreezingFood and Recipes

Freeze Roasted Garlic Cloves

If you find yourself with more garlic than you can use up, try roasting it and freezing for later. I usually cook them at 350 degrees F for about an hour. It is usually done when you start to smell the roasting garlic.

I used to cut off the end of a whole bulb and bake it, wrapped in foil with olive oil. But it is very messy to remove the individual cloves like this. If you take the garlic apart before roasting, it is is much easier to remove the skins. Some of them won't be perfect, so I just save those in a bowl for adding to soups or sauces.

I then put the whole ones on a baking sheet and freeze them, moving them to a zip top bag when they are completely frozen. I then use them in pasta and on pizza.

By Jess (TF Editor) from Hillsboro, OR