AdviceBudget & Finance

Using Carbon Paper Instead of Typewriter Ribbon

I have this electronic typewriter (Brother GX-6750) that I bought last week. I used the ribbon too much and eventually emptied both ribbons (typing ribbon and correction ribbon). Now that the typing ribbon is low, can I use a carbon paper?

It's like this:

I'll remove the cassette ribbon, place three papers (one scratch paper, under it is a carbon paper, under the carbon paper is the fresh paper). Is that a good substitute? Although there are available ribbons here, the only thing is that I don't have enough money to buy both ribbons.

By David

Best Answer

I would imagine that you could use the carbon, but if you're typing up something important, it would always considered to be a "copy." Have you tried a regular stationery or art store for ribbons or carbon paper?

Yes, but it will be messy.

I am not even sure if you can get either anymore. You may just want to get with someone who has a computer and use their word docs' as a processor, then just barter for ink.

Here is what I did because I couldn't afford both when I had the reg. typewriter. I bought the ink ribbon and when you make a mistake then you still have correction tape (or liquid you put a dot on the mistake) then type over the white out and you will still have your original copy. Do you have a computer but no printer? or do you use the library. I have an old hp printer on my dell computer and the ink is 4 years old. I just have black ink in it. Cheaper than new ink.

It works, but my mom said that it will break. Will that typewriter break? I think not, right? The store which I bought that typewriter sells that kind of cartridge. I don't know if they had the correction ribbon.

I'm not usually very sarcastic but...what century are you living in? Lol.

20th Century (1990)
(laugh out loud)