Unlocking a Microwave

Category Microwave
If your microwave is locked, you may have inadvertently engaged the childproof lock. Check your manual or the manufacturer's website. This is a guide about unlocking a microwave.

My microwave is locked. I didn't know how it got this way and I need to unlock it. How do I unlock it?

By muffin1961 from Charlotte, NC

Answers

Best Answer

If you can't program the control to do anything or won't respond to inputs, the control may be locked. One of the input pads may have a child lockout feature. Press and hold this pad for 5 seconds to unlock the control. If you are not sure which pad, try each one, one at a time, to see if it will unlock. Be sure to hold it for 5 seconds. If one unlocks the control, write it down for future reference. That same pad will also lock the control when held for 5 seconds.You may need to call the place you got it from.

Best Answer

What brand is the microwave? If you have a Sharp, for example, Google "unlocking Sharp microwave" and you will get some ideas. Or visit the manufacturer's website and search for info or try to find a toll-free phone number to call.

Best Answer

It sounds like you may have accidentally pressed something to engage the child-proof lock. Try unplugging the microwave from the power source, then plug it back in again. This should restore the original settings. Brenda from Oz

I didn't know microwaves even had a lock. As OliveOyl stated I would lookup the manufacturer and either get their toll free number or find the contact page on their website. Or look in the owner's manual.

This site has some fixes where you press certain buttons to clear the'lock' but it is probably dependent on make & model of your microwave: http://www.fixy  microwave_locked

http://www.fixy  unlock_microwave