Ingrown Hairs After Surgery

I had lymph nodes removed from my left armpit 3 years ago. Since then I keep getting ingrown hairs on the scar. It was not cancer, just inflamed lymph nodes. The surgeon messed up and left me with nerve damage so now I know when it is going to rain/snow now. The main problem is the ingrown hairs, any ideas on preventing and getting rid of the 2 painful ones I have now. I don't want to go to doctor and would like a natural cure.

Lisa from Westland, MI

When I worked in a dime store a very popular product we sold was shaving powder. Men with curly hair tend to have problems with ingrowns -- "razor bumps" they were called. I don't know how the stuff works but these men swore by it. Shaving powder comes in a can and you can find it with the other shaving stuff. Maybe this will help your problem. Good luck and good health to you!

Is it happening after you shave. I have found the best thing for ingrown hairs after shaving is plain old baby powder. BUT, if it is just happening randomly without shaving, I would make sure you use an antibacterial soap every day or twice a day. Make sure your underarms are dry at all times. My friend has this problem, they call it hydradenitis (infection of sweat or apocrine glands) and she has to take antibiotics as soon as one starts. Wearing loose clothing and losing weight if you are overweight also helps. good luck.