Reinforce Shower Curtain Ring Holes

This tip will help you to prolong the life of your shower curtains. Reinforce the holes where your shower curtain hooks go through with a stainless-steel washer. This works in the same vein as those sticky paper reinforcements we used to use in on our school projects; remember?

By Brianna Southworth from Dutch Harbor, AK

How do you attach the washers to the holes in the shower curtain plastic liner?

I sewed a matching strip of fabric on front and back of plastic shower curtain where the holes were. It made the curtain a little cuter and it is still working and that was a couple of years ago. I really liked the curtain.

When using a plastic shower curtain, I put a piece of duct tape on the top of the holes. Then I use a single hole punch to punch the hole out for the curtain ring. This helps the curtain last longer, by not having the holes break from wear and tear.

It's amazing how long the liner lasts now. Especially with teenagers and a husband that don't know how to gently use the curtain. It has saved many a new curtains.

Source: I thought of it myself, after buying shower liners so often

By Cathy from Plainfield, IL

Answers:

Reinforce Shower Curtain Ring Holes With Duct Tape

I do the same but with clear plastic packaging tape. I bought a curtain at dollar store and taped the holes to reinforce. It has lasted for over a year. I have removed the tape, washed in the machine and retaped as needed. (01/31/2010)

By Jenn

That's s a really good idea, my shower curtain as we speak is ripping lol, ugh men. I'll have to try this for sure
(02/03/2010)

By k.sowders

Better Living Frugal Living TipsOctober 8, 2010
🌻
🐛
📓