Buying Washing Soda

Washing soda is primarily used for cleaning laundry but it can be used for other cleaning tasks around the house. This is a guide about buying washing soda.

For all the people that can't find Arm and Hammer Washing Soda, Ace Hardware will order that and Fels Naptha for you. I just did it! I have spent lots of time tracking down those products. I sure hope this helps someone.

By Joan Dykes from Praireville, LA

Where can I buy or order washing soda?

By trudi.bess from Attalla, AL

Answers

You should be able to buy the washing soda in a grocery store. Let your fingers do the walking and call some grocery stores in your area. Better to buy it locally then to order online since you would end up paying shipping charges.

Go to the Arm and Hammer website. They make this product but not all the stores carry it. You can find out what stores near you carry it.

I couldn't find washing soda in grocery stores around here but I found it at a swimming pool supply store...it is called sodium carbonate.

I can buy it in my local Walmart.

I can buy it in my local Walmart.

I can find washing soda in the detergent aisle of the grocery store. Usually on the very top or very bottom shelf.

Try your local hardware store. I have found many carry it.

I live in northeast Ohio have been searching for washing soda for about a month; no stores that had it were close to me. I finally found a store by me that carries it! Go to a local Heinen's, it's $2.99 (or maybe it was $3.99) for a box (the one I got was 3 lbs. 7 oz.).

By SuzyQ82 from Willoughby, OH

Answers:

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

Any hardware or "general store" worth it's salt should have it. Look in the laundry detergent aisle. I bought mine at Ace Hardware. They even knew I was making laundry detergent! (11/30/2010)

By Dandelion

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

I just ordered on Ace hardware online! Free shipping if you pick it up at your local store! Yeah! (02/03/2011)

By Heather

Where can I find washing soda?

By ROBERT from Dudley,NC

Answers:

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

Washing Soda can be purchased in the detergent section of most any large grocery store. One of the members on Thriftyfun said that Ace Hardware store will special order it for you. (10/29/2009)

By Marjorie

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

You can buy Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda in 55 oz. container for $6.99 from drugstore.com (10/30/2009)

By Deanj

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

You have to take into consideration if you buy on line, there will be shipping charges. (10/30/2009)

By Marjorie

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

At Dollar stores, good luck. (10/30/2009)

By kathleen williams

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

I just bought some Arm and Hammer washing soda at a ShopRite supermarket. I've seen it in WalMart, too. (10/30/2009)

By OliveOyl

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

It's often sold in old fashioned hardware stores, if you can find one. Possibly even in a newer on, in the painting preparation department. It would be near TSP, tri-sodium phosphate which is for cleaning really dirty surfaces before painting, that sort of thing.You used to be able to find it with detergents and borax. No more. (10/30/2009)

By PENNY K

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

Agree with MCW. It's at most big grocery/discount stores, like Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. Look in the detergent section in the less visible places, like down on the very bottom shelf toward the middle of the section. Companies pay to place their products in the most eye-catching locations in stores, and the washing soda doesn't seem to get that kind of promotion, so it's usually in the least desirable position. Once you know that, though, it's usually not hard to find! And of course, if you don't see it, ask.

One caution about the suggestions for online purchase. Washing soda's a relatively heavy thing to ship, and a cheap thing to buy, so any shipping costs are likely to affect the price significantly in the wrong direction! (11/01/2009)

By Weavre Cooper

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

Wal-mart and Meijer both carry washing soda, also Kroger Stores carry it if you cant find it talk to you store manager and let them know they reaqlly need to start carry it. (11/01/2009)

By Cindy Kosloski

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

Meijer carries Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. You'll find it in with the Borax in the laundry aisle. If your local Meijer doesn't have it. Ask them to order it for you. They usually will special order items for a customer at no extra cost. Good luck! (11/01/2009)

By Sarah Leach

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

I buy Arm and Hammer Washing Soda at Fred Meyers in WA state. I think they are a part of the Kroger stores. It's on a top shelf in the laundry section along with Borax (which I use in homemade dishwasher detergent.) I use washing soda for all my tough jobs, including scrubbing the bathtub, it removes oils fast and easy! I also use it on really tough cooking pans and other messes. It is the best cleaner I'm using right now! (11/01/2009)

By Dannie

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

If you have a local Ace Hardware store and they don't carry it on the shelf, you can order it online and they offer free shipping to your local store. (11/14/2009)

By SJ

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

I couldn't find it either, but on Ebay found a place that sells it and gave details on the active ingredient....sodium carbonate. Went to a $.99 cent store and they sell Rinso Laundry Detergent which has sodium carbonate in it. Then went to Wal-Mart looking for Fels Naptha, which they don't have, but do have Zote soap which I've seen advertised to make your own laundry detergent. You can get 20 mule team Borax at most grocery stores. Saved a ton on shipping by not ordering this stuff online. :) (02/25/2010)

By Steve

Where Can I Buy Washing Soda?

I have called about 50 different convenience stores in my area and found one that new what it was and carried it, but was out right now, but I also called Harris teeter (Durham, NC) and they do carry it. Some people say that Vons carries it but the closet one to me is 221 miles away, my pharmacist also said its just sodium carbonate, which is ph+ in the pool section of Walmart. It is by arm n hammer and in a big tube. I hope this may help someone out their looking for it. (06/23/2010)

By meme

I am looking for a place where I can purchase Washing soda?

I am starting to make most of my own cleaning products and I am really enjoying it, but lots of the recipes that I have found require something called Washing soda.