DessertsBaking & Desserts

Recipes For "Coffee Can" Desserts

Greetings all, This is my first posting here. Does anyone know some good but simple dessert recipes to bake in a COFFEE CAN?

Marygrace from Cranston, RI

My mom used to bake banana nut breads in coffee cans. She brought me one of them for my birthday one year and it's one of the many gifts I've always remembered!! Sure wish I had one of them now!!

I would think that almost anything you could make in a regular metal pan you could put in a coffee can. Quick breads are the easiest, just make your favourite recipe and fill the greased can about 2/3 full. Bake(without the plastic lid of course)at time set in recipe u use. Also don't see why you couldn't do apple brown betty(layer crumb and apple up the can)and even a layered cheesecake(no cook) would probably work too.

By Sherry (Guest Post)

Hi, My mother and myself have always made any kind of Banana bread, Zucchini Bread, in coffee cans. So nice and easy to slice and look so nice on a tray. Hope you get some good ideas.

By Sherry (Guest Post)

Almost forgot to mention, dont use the cans with the little lip around them, pull off lids mostly have them.

your bread will stick in the can because of the little lip. My husband pounded mine down with a hammer until I got a couple. sherry in Mexico