Removing 'White Out' From A Check?

I got a check in the mail. My son wrote his name on the back. I then used White Out, which made it look worse. What do I do now? Can someone help me?

By tom larson from Philly, PA

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 15, 20100 found this helpful

Take your check; your son; and yourself to the bank that you do business with. Have ID ready and tell them what happened. They are the only ones that can help.


Gold Post Medal for All Time! 846 Posts
September 15, 20100 found this helpful

I second Grannygirl and if the bank won't accept that then you'll need to talk to whomever issued the check and ask for a reissue but there will most likely be a fee because they'll have to protect themselves with a stop payment via their bank on this original check. Try the bank first!


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


September 12, 2010

How do I get white out off a check? Someone signed my check thinking it was hers then she whited out.

Dial from Arizona


Removing "White Out" From A Check


The back of the check as in endorsing it you mean?

I think I would call your bank and see what their policy is about cashing it. (04/24/2008)


Removing "White Out" From A Check

Contact the people who issued the check and ask them how to proceed.
I seriously doubt a bank would accept a check with White Out on it, in this day and age of "washed" checks and forgeries. It would
be prudent to ask for a replacement check and have them void
the "White-out" check.

Good luck. (04/25/2008)

Removing 'White Out' From A Check

I would definitely get in touch with whoever issued you the check, because it will almost definitely be seen as suspect at any financial institution, or at stores. Most of the time, you are not allowed to cash a check that has been "tampered with" in any way. Even in a retail store, any changes to a check must be initialed by the check writer as OK. For example, if you write $4.49 and then change it to $4.59 because you made a mistake, you must initial it in order to verify that you OK'd the change. (04/26/2008)


By Jana

Removing 'White Out' From A Check

I am a teller supervisor, and I can tell you, if that was presented for encashment or deposit at my bank I would have to recommend that the person in possession of the check take it back to the maker and ask them to reissue the check. Even if someone accepted the check, that does not mean it will not come back, checks can be returned for up to three years for certain discrepancies. Don't take the chance. (04/27/2008)

By Kat

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 12, 2010
Valentine's Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-02-03 12:42:13 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.