Reserve Water Heater Tank

When my old hot water heater broke, the unit went but the tank was still good. I didn't throw it out but I used it for a reserve tank.

That way when it called for hot water, the new water coming into my tank wasn't ice cold, therefore it didn't need as much gas or electricity to heat it up. This saved money, especially in the winter months.

By Charlie

This sounds like such a great idea! Thanks for the useful tip.

By Robert (Guest Post)

My Hot Water Heater is 220 Volts. Because, I only need Hot Water for a shower,washer and etc. and the majority of a 24 Hour running hot water heater is only supplingy money to the electric Co...I put a Switch on the wall that is visible that has a light indicating whether my hot water heater is in use. I turn on the switch either when I arrive home or 30 minutes before I want Hot Water. Makes No Sense to run a hot water heater when you're not at HOME. My bill went from around $240 a month to $45.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PlumbingJuly 6, 2005
🎂
📓
🌻