BedroomDecorating

Need Help Creating a Sophisticated Bedroom

Category Bedroom

i am 23 and I need help decorating my bedroom. I want it to look sophisticated but represent my personality as well. Right now, my room is so plain, I have a canopy bed with light olive green and yellow drapings and a white bedspread. I also have this fantastic bright red and blue tapestry with an orange sun and moon in the middle of it and I really think it represents my personality. I want my room to be able to accomodate both styles. Should I just choose one? If so, what are some ways to do that?

Clueless decorator,
Angie from Missouri

By (Guest Post)

The key is to not over do it. Don't put too much on your walls and make sure everything matches relatively well and you should have something that fits your personality and is sophisticated. A nice art print can trasnform a wall from plain to elegant. But if you cram a bunch of decorations on a wall it can be pretty tacky. You'll notice that teenagers tend to put as much on their walls as they can fit, the more selective you are, the more sophisiticated it will look. Unless you put a giant poster of Alf on your wall... even by itself, that won't be very sophisticated. Alf is pretty cool, though. It cuts both ways.

By (Guest Post)

I am a 13 yr old. I want my room to look better. I was just wondering what I could do?

By Christina (Guest Post)

I am 18 years old and I am going to the community college by my house next year. I need help creating my room to be more sophisticated.