Ice Machine in Refrigerator is Leaking Water

I have a GE side by side refrigerator with an ice maker. It has worked fine since I got it, however now it seems like something is clogged. I keep getting water on the floor and it seems to be coming from the back. I did clean the hole on the bottom of the freezer with baking soda and hot water like the book suggested, but it didn't do anything. Now, I turn on the water for a bit until it makes ice then shut the water off. As a result I can't use the water dispenser. Any ideas? Thanks.

By Geri from McAdoo, PA

There is a drain hole in bottom side of freezer that is probably stopped up. Pour warm water mixed with baking soda in hole until it flushes clean. The water goes to your evaporater pan under the fridge.

We just purchased a double door frig last month. it has ice and water in the door but just recently the water has started leaking from around the water and ice dispenser in the door. The ice cubes are all stuck together and we have small icicles coming from the bottom of the ice bin inside. Please tell me what I need to do.

Cothernjimbo

Answers:

This may be a warranty item if your fridge is new. It sounds like a leak or bad connection in the water line, if you have filtered water in the door. Make sure the water line and filter are connected. Check your warranty. (12/10/2005)

By the Oracle

Have you checked to see if the food is still frozen in the freezer. Sometimes (if you have children) they like to turn knobs. This happened to us. (12/10/2005)

By Jean in GA

There are a lot of things that could cause this. Check the door gasket even at the bottom with a mirror if it has a gap you will make water. Check the water line when the trays fill, you may have a leak and will only see it when they fill. Usually you can remove the ice then advance the timer (under the cover on the ice maker) and watch it fill, it might overfill or leak. Yup the filter can leak at the fittings, as well. Oh, use a strong flashlight, the water can spray through a hole so small that you can't see it in normal light.

(12/11/2005)

By Nancie