Bedding for 11 Puppies

Our Border Collie just had puppies. In fact, she had 14 total, but only 11 survived. 11 puppies! Oh my gosh. Thoughts were going through my mind about how we were going to help our "girl" look after them. Our main concern at the time was bedding. Although we had some, having 11 "poopy" puppies, instead of the normal 5 or 6, it would make it difficult to keep the whelping box clean.

Newspapers are great, but in the colder autumn months in Australia at the moment, I was concerned about keeping them warm. I was going to go to the thrift shop to see if they had any cheap bedding or rags to sell.

When I took our Jessie to the vet to have an examination of her and the puppies, the vet nurse there said we could have the extra bedding they had. They had purchased some new thermal bedding for the vet practice and we're going to throw out the old. It was very clean and serviceable, and it solved our dilemma. It was certainly a cheaper alternative. In fact, it cost us nothing. So, if you are faced with the same situation, why not visit a few vet clinics in your area and ask them. You may be pleasantly surprised.

By Bev from Rockingham, Western Australia

My MIL had 11 american bulldogs born on Sept 11, 2003, and all survived - AMAZING! They constructed two pens in one empty garage, for ease of cleaning, and used clean newspaper rolls from the local paper. They sell these rather cheaply, and could be cut down to line the pen for easy cleanup.

our snugles cuddles up with her blanky when not in her crate . she is an 8 week old pug. she rests while being leashed trained.

oh i love collies!i have three girls,long past the puppy stage though.i have a friend who breeds labradors,and is very particular-she buys new vetbed for each litter and often offers me the old vet bed,which i find marvelous!x

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 12, 2006
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf74242122.tip.html