Coconut Baby

When decorating for a party or special occasion, sometimes ideas run dry. When this happens to me, I try to think "outside the box". I did just that for my daughter-in-law's baby shower. I live in Florida where coconuts are in abundance and decided to make some babies with them for the main table.

I set the coconut in a tube base made with cardboard to enable it to stand up and tied a bib around the neck. I cut the rubber insert off of a pacifier and glued it to the mouth area. I also glued on some black thread for eyelashes and some wiggle eyes. Slip on a hat and paint some pink on the cheeks. Even if you don't live in a coconut state, you can purchase them at grocery stores. Everyone enjoyed the coconut babies!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

This is wild.What an awesome centerpiece. Thanks for sharing.

Adorable craft for a party table just by changing how you "dress" up your "baby". This is a winner for sure.

Thanks for sharing it.
StarWarsCollector

Very creative idea. It makes me laugh just to look at it. Can't you see it with a new year's hat on or maybe a Santa's beard and red cap? How about ears poking up through an Easter bonnet? Or a long nose and witch's hat? An Uncle Sam's hat with the American flag sticking up for the 4th of July?

I must remember this, so I'm creating a file for these kinds of ideas to be used later.

Thank you for sharing it Mary.

Pookarina

If the parents are sports fans, I bet a dollar store soccer or baseballs would work too. But I do like the coconut best!

In These Pages
Holidays and Parties Parties Baby Shower DecorationsJune 25, 2011
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf74597520.tip.html