John Deer Mower Won't Stay Running?

I have a John Deere 1500 series lawn mower. I can get it to start but as soon as I start the blades it cuts off. Does anyone know why? I have already checked to see if there is something caught in the blades.

By jennifer Neal

My husband's guess is the PTO switch has a short in it. You may need to replace the switch.

There are a lot of safety switches. For example when my John Deere is running and I get off the seat the mower automatically stops. I would check to make sure all the saftey connections are connected.

My husbands guess is to check to make sure the belts are on the pulleys...ot , as the previous person said, the PTO switch.

Usually there' a bad safety switch causing the problem. These are usually gray in color and look like a push button.

Like the one you can easily see under the seat. Also a bad PTO switch will do this. There even a safety switch attached to the transmission on a JD tractor! See the loose wire?

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 26, 2009
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf74607037.tip.html