Identifying Little Black Biting Bugs

These bugs are small, black, and pin head sized. They are very hard to even see. Sometimes I see white ones, also. They seem to get in my clothes and bite. My wife doesn't seem to get bitten or says she can't feel anything on her. What's going on? I'm not crazy. I can feel when something is crawling on me and biting me.

By D

Are they fleas?

Anonymous

Mites

No! They're not fleas! More like a no-seeum. And they're in the carpet, on the tile. All over me , in my clothes, biting biting and I cannot vacuum them up!

Anonymous

I have had similar to what some of you describe for the past 8 months. I lost two trailers and everything I own, due to an infestation of them. I called Terminix and every Pest Control place you can think of and no one knew what they were. they treated them with the same thing they use to treat fleas & it didn't work. From doing my own research, I'm pretty sure they are tropical rat mites but not absolutely positive. I did have a rat's nest in the wall of one of my campers, then the rats vacated it when I pulled out of that Florida campground, and mites came after me and the dog. They feed at night and live on blood to reproduce. They are tiny black dots and sometimes appear as a half an eyelash..many times they are two black dots right next to each other. All I salvaged was some photographs that were in ziplock bags that I didn't see any mites in, and a bag of clothes that I had washed with a formulation that I got off of a Facebook support groups for mites, and somehow, I have brought them in to where I am couchsurfing, as well. I can feel when one gets on me immediately and feel exactly where it is.. I think I have developed an allergy to them because it itches me terrible until I get it off. From my research it seems that they burrow under the skin to lay eggs but I'm not sure about that, and I pray to God, that I'm wrong. They get in my hair overnight, or get and on a robe or a shirt and annoy me until I can shower and wash off with tea tree oil. I am so tired of fighting these things and I have started to accept that I have to let them bite me because I have nowhere else to sleep. There were some in the car I got for trading in my trailer, but haven't seen more..I'm sure they're still somewhere in there..

I have little scabs where they have bitten me on whatever side I'm laying on to sleep, usually my arms (hips & legs if not covered) and they love to get on my back where I can't reach. But they mostly get in my hair at night, usually about 4 or 5 of them. I have to use a brush and scratch my head like a dog to make them come out, doing so over a white porcelain sink or shower floor so I can see that they did actually come out and I can flush them down the toilet. While still in Florida I even infested my truck by transporting laundry with them in my clothes, and lost that vehicle as well. I couldn't drive it for more than 15 minutes before getting attacked and that was during the day. If anyone else has similar to this I would be so anxious to hear how you got rid of them. I tried every suggestion of sprays and washing with ammonia, etc. I spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars and never did completely eradicate them from my life. I have an ongoing joke to anyone that will still let me talk about it and vent, "you can't get rid of them they just go somewhere else". But it is really no laughing matter. If I don't joke I will just cry everyday. They are definitely not bed bugs & they do not bite in that pattern or don't look like them. I've had one or two vets look at them too and they don't know what they are either. Good luck to any of you who have found a way to get rid of them without using the steam clean method that they use on bedbugs... I can't afford $5,000! I am at ttownrobin at hotmail.. thank you so much!!

HI, We had an outbreak of cats flees last year and I was always bitten but my husband was not. However I have since found out that we were both being bitten it's just that my skin reacted and his did not. If safe for you to do so, you could take an antihistamine tablet, or use a cream, this should stop you being itchy.

If these are in your bed then they are bed bugs and you need a new bed and possibly the room and rooms closest sprayed as they will spread. Body heat brings them out at night and you may see them different sizes and colours depending on their ages.

If it is on you and you clothing than it my be fleas in which case your house needs treated, which you can do your self. So will any pets that you have.
Hope this helps a little. Best of luck.

It may NOT be bedbugs, and when you have bedbugs any GOOD PCO will NOT tell you to throw out your bed. Beds can be treated. If you throw out your bed you are risking spreading the infestation anywhere that bed goes. Simply call a PCO and follow his/her instructions. If they tell you to get rid of your bed; find a new, less lazy PCO.

Did you ever find out through a magnifying glass what those things were I am also having the same problem fighting in our clothes everything don't know what to we tried exterminators near thing it still don't work we need help bad

Anonymous

These are not bed bugs. I know what bed bugs look like. They look like lint in a clear cover. Don't know how to describe the outside if the bug. Sometimes they look ling in shape and other times they are round.

It's hard to get them out of the outside coating. You barley see legs and wings in them. I put a lighter to a couple of them. Thats when I seen the legs and wings.

I'm finding them everywhere including my clothes,

Anonymous

These do not look like bed bugs

The next time you see one, try and capture it. You can then put it in a pill bottle till it's dead. Then, if you have a 400x magnifying glass, see what it looks like. Then get on this site

http://www.goog  1024&bih=625

and see if you can identify it. Then, you can see how to eradicate them. PBP

It could be some kind of mite. They bite some people and avoid others. Apply insecticide and vacuum often.