Growing Aloe Vera

I want to grow and process aloe vera by planting aloe vera plants. For this purpose, kindly guide me accordingly.

Naveed

(submitted via email)
Thanks all of your for a quick response. My Basic intention is to grow aloe plant in a professional way and process the gel mechanically.

For this I need a proper guide line for some body so i can start in coming spring season.
regards
Naveed

I can't tell you anything about processing the gel, but rest assured, there's nothing hard about growing the plants! If you live in the south - anywhere that it will grow (catalogs should tell you its hardiness zone), you can stick it in the ground, water if the ground gets too dry, and watch it grow.

When we moved to a home in southern California, the side yard was a mass of Spanish bayonet (aptly named!). We cleared it all out, and found that under the Spanish bayonet was hiding a solid mass of aloe vera. We transplanted some of it to edge our front sidewalk, and it thrived quite beautifully. We had neighbors coming over all the time to ask for a leaf, and we would reply, "no, take a plant - please!"

I am interested to grow aloe vera, in my fram, at yavatmal, India, Pl. send me detailes project report at Email : girishdharamshi AT yahoo.com, or post at: Girish Dharamshi, Dhankunj, Rajendra Nagar, Dhamangaon Road, Yavatmal - 445001, M.S., india