Boat Friendly Recipes?

Category Boating
Your ability to cook on a boat can be limited. Finding recipes that use the resources you have and are easy to prepare while on the water is helpful. This page contains boat friendly recipes.

I frequently have guests over for extended (3-4 hour) boating "parties". Anyone have any suggestions for boat friendly recipes for heavy hors d'oeuvres I could take along? Thanks so much for your help!

Answers

By Diana (Guest Post)

I like fruit and a variety of cheeses (kids like this too) I use grapes and stilton, smoked cheddar and a "flavored soft" cheese. If in a pinch we use a purchased cheeseball and summer sausage

I also make pasta salads (chicken) or purchased from deli.

We smoke chickens (and pull them) and alsohome-smoked salmon with capers, onions, sour cream and samll rye bread rounds

sandwiches (bagel breads and pitas make it different from weekday lunches)

we aslo start off the season with a small bottle of champagne

We also use this as an opportunity to clean out the pantry and take every open basg of chips and crackers!

small cooler... Burger: I do this all of the time. Cook them medium well and put them at the bottom w/ wrap.

Put the buns and condiments on top with a variety pack of plastc ware.

On very top you can buy anywhere a slab of carry around ice. Tip If too large for the cooler let it unfreeze some....Actually you can transform them to fit like silly putty.

BeeCee

Travel and Recreation Recreation BoatingNovember 18, 2011
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
📓
Generated 2020-07-22 07:57:39 in 687 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf75901223.tip.html