Scenery: Horseback Riding (Rouge Park, Detroit, MI)

I went out to Rouge Park the day after Memorial Day. As I was driving down Joy Road, I discovered that there was a riding stable run by the Buffalo Soldiers Club. They allow horseback riding on Saturday and Sunday for a small fee (less than $5.00). The horses and one donkey were grazing outside, so I took a few pictures.

I don't know the names of all the horses, but I found out that the donkey was named Eddie (after Eddie Murphy) because of the character in Shrek. All of the animals were friendly, but Eddie was the only one who came up to the fence so I could pet him.

By Cheryl Weston

Can I see the ribs on that first picture? Or am I looking at it wrong?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This is a Great Pic. Thanx to Cheryl for Sharing pictures of our horses at the Buffalo Soldiers Heritage Center in Detroit at Rouge Park!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I love Eddie he actually communicated with me when I talked to him is he still living I'd like to see him again

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What days and times do they allow horseback riding for the kids? How much does it cost?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You would want to contact them directly:

www.buffalosoldiersdetroit.org/

I didn't see anything about weekend horseback riding on their site but they have a stable and encourage high school volunteers so I would be surprised if they don't have rides available sometimes.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
Anonymous

Hi I just found out that my youngest daughter has fallen in love with the movie Spirit. She lives in Grand Rapids. I want to invite her and family down for a horseback ride. I see your open Saturday's and Sunday's, with a fee of $5 GREAT. When will you close for the summer. Thanks Mama Nae

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos SceneryJune 10, 2010
🎂
🌻
📓