Dye Lace with Food Coloring

Have the wrong color lace for your project? No problem if you have food coloring. I often use different colors of lace in my projects. If I don't have the color I need, I just put it in a disposable cup with water and several drops of food coloring.

Some laces will come out lighter than others, because of the material they are made of. If you have 100% cotton lace it will always retain the color you soak it in. Also many of the polyester laces will as well. Sometimes if you take a minute and wash the residue out of the lace you can get a better dye color out of it.

Be sure to lay the lace flat to dry after you color it. I also recommend wearing rubber gloves so you don't come out looking like a smurf or some other kind of creature. LOL!

By gem from VA

I have done this a few times. Thanks for the reminder, I have lots of food coloring.