Removing Pet Urine Odor from Wood Laminate Flooring

I have wood laminate floors through out my living room. When I had a rug down, one of my cats started peeing on the corner of it. When I realized, she had done it so much, that it seeped through the rug to the floor. I picked up the rug and cleaned the floor.

Now, my dog thinks she can pee there. I have used Nature's Miracle, vinegar, and just about every pet stain/odor thing I can get my hands on; however, she continues to use this same spot. It isn't as often as it used to be, but she still does it!

I am going crazy. It's ruining the laminate (it's warped now) and the urine has touched other pieces of furniture.

So, any advice? (sorry this was so long)

By jessie from Baton Rouge, LA

I use Odoban on all porous surfaces. It has a nice after smell and the dogs don't get the scent from where they 'did their deed' before.

Do not use probably if it continues to go on. I thought that this product was a miracle cure but boy was I wrong. After a while the good smell goes away and then you end up with a toxic smelling strong mixture of partially stale dog during with a smell that is sickening. I now wish that I had never used it at all. It worked for a while but the consequences afterward is completely the wrong answer if you have pets that are repeat offenders and you use it several times. I never smelled it when a was at home used to it but when I packed up some clothes that I hadn't worn for awhile that were laundered but not worn or recently washed. I couldn't get away from the smell of the chemicals that Odoban broke down into over time.

Just having some of the c!other that were hung up in that room. A room that I never smelled when I was at home, left not only those clothes with that smell but the others along with my woven suitcase with a nasty chemical smell. A smell that was not as clean smelling as the chemical was when I first used it but stuck out nearly as strong as the chemical when you haven't deluted it. And anyone that has used this product before knows that it has a very strong odor full strength. I guess I could have made this much shorter by saying DO NOT USE this for a reoccurring problem but I felt that it needed to be explained. I much would rather my house smelling like vinegar than a cross between stale urine and the smell that this breaks down into.

Anonymous

What product are you saying not to use that ended up smelling so bad.

What is this and where can I get it

Anonymous

Take a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol mist the area and clean with a microfiber cloth it will remove the odor and not hurt the laminate. I have laminate threw out and clean mine this way

I think, with laminate, the only thing you can do is replace that section. There is a "Pee Recipe" I posted (just search on Thrifty Fun), but it has to sit on the article and dry - that's going to warp the laminate.

We have alot of laminate in our house and I wouldn't try it.

Our house has laminate and the previous owners cats peed everywhere. It was an awful smell. We ran air purifiers then cleaned every surface before moving in. We've had no more problems. You probably can't do that. I would cut out just a little bit more than the actual spot itself, and glue in more rather than replacing the whole section. Unless you have a piece from the original install you cannot match laminate, they change the colors constantly so you'll have to replace the whole floor. (Always good idea to buy extra) consider cutting a piece out of a closet or somewhere unnoticeable so the living room will match and put the unlatching piece in the closet!

Anonymous

My dog started peeing in my bathroom because the cat did when were away. I cleaned it with a vinegar, baking soda water mix and began feeding him in there to break the habit.

They usually won't pee where they eat. I have returned to crating him when I leave and taking him to pee spot upon my return. Hope it works!

Anonymous

I came on this site earlier today to find out how to get white urine stains off my dark colored laminate flooring. I went under my sink and found orange Glo in a spray bottle so I tried it on a small spot on my floor. It worked great than i went over it with a cloth cleaner for laminate floors it looks better than it did when was first put in. and the floors shine. Just had to come back on here to share this with all of you. Try it .