ReusingGreen Living

Creatively Reusing Chop Sticks

What can be done with used chopsticks? I got a bowl at a craft fair once that was strung together with fishing line and folded up. That was pretty cool. I have made a folding business card holder with them. I was wondering what else people have thought of.

By mctc

They are great for when it's time to plant seeds. Use them to put your hole that you plant your seeds in.

Not a how-to site but this site sells many different items made from chopsticks that are facinating.

http://www.chop … roducts-c-0.html

If you tape about a dozen or so together they make great drum sticks. You only tape the bottom portion (basically the same width as your grip) and the stick tips and bodies make a great clicking sound as you strike them against an object. You should also apply some glue at the base before applying the tape which keeps the center sticks from falling out.

I have made hair sticks with them in the past. I recently came across instructions to do this written by someone else, here is the link:

http://www.craf … -hair-chopsticks

Do a google search on "chopstick crafts" and you will find sites that will show you crafts from hair ornaments to cd racks, frames to games, knitting needles (in a pinch) or even a canoe (I kid you not! Here is a link to the story and photo) http://www.tree … m-chopsticks.php

You can even find crafts using the chopstick paper wrappers, too. Enjoy!

Anonymous

If they are porous and non-coated wood ones you could place them in a jar or vase and add diffuser oil to use them the same way as a reed diffuser. A jar or vase with a smaller opening at the top would be better because it would keep the diffuser oil from evaporating as quickly. Picture below is just an example to show you but I don't have any diffuser oil on hand so used water ;-) LOL ;-)

Wow cool ideas and quick. That bowl in the first link is the one I have. It's pretty good.

Thanks for posting the photo of the reed diffuser. I think you are right that something that got thin would be better. Maybe a tiny erlenmeyer flask.

This is my project.

Chop sticks also make great little tools to saute vegetables.