Use Waxed Paper to Keep Your Microwave Clean

One of the hardest places to keep clean is the microwave since the kids and hubby also "cook" in it. That also means spills that no one "saw" and therefore did not clean up and then cooked again.

I finally got smart: For about a dollar, I got a roll of waxed paper. Just cut to fit and lay one in. Then all you have to do it replace it from time to time.

Source: This is actually something I came up with on my own, but now everyone in the family, even my mother-in-law is doing it.

By Sarah from Berrien Springs, MI

What I do to clean the microwave is a simple cup of water about two minutes on high. Remove and simply wipe out. The hot water steams it and loosens all the grime out.

By Ashley (Guest Post)

I also use steam to clean mine but I put a wt sponge or dishcloth in the microwave on high for two minutes and then leave it in there for several minutes more to cool down before using it to clean the inside of the oven. This is great for all the little splatters that hit the ceiling and sides.

By Rhea (Guest Post)

A tip a father passed on to me: After finishing a box of cereal, shake out the flakes. The bag cereal is in, is a material much stronger than wax paper & covers a dinner dish nicely.

By (Guest Post)

Microwave a coffee cup of vinegar with a tbsp of lemon juice in it for 3 minutes. When you take it out wipe it down with a paper towel. No scrubbing required. The lemon leaves a fresh smell.

By Christina (Guest Post)

I agree! Steam power that naturally builds up in your micorwave when you heat up a cup of water is absolutely the best way to clean a grungy microwave oven. I like adding a squirt of fresh lemon juice, a bit of vinegar, or a sprinkle of baking soda.

More info on cleaning the microwave with steam:
http://happyslo  rowave-hint.html