Helpful HintsFood Tips

Use Cream Cheese as a Topping

Category Helpful Hints

I had an extra 1/2 package (3-4 oz.) of cream cheese left in the fridge and wanted to use it up. Well, we were having fajitas last night, and I had very little fajita seasoning. As I was looking for more fajita seasoning, I stumbled upon a packet of Ranch for veggie dip/what have you. I knew I didn't have sour cream, so instead, I mixed that half package of cream cheese with 1 Tbsp.

of the Ranch mix and slapped it on our fajitas and boy was it gooood. I'm probably not the first who has discovered this, but I sure am glad I did. You can use more or less Ranch mix/cream cheese if you'd like.

Source: By me, out of desparity

By Stacy from Illinois

Clever, thrifty idea. I especially like where your idea came from - "out of desparity." I love it.