Which Is More Healthy Brined Chicken or Buttermilk Soaked?

I just started brining my boneless chicken breast (about 5) and it is so juicy and delicious. I use 3 tablespoons of salt to 1 gallon of water and let it soak in the refrigerator overnight. However, I was wondering is this method of tenderizing meat healthy? Sometimes it seems a little salty, but extremely tender after baking. Is it better to soak in buttermilk?

By Onesummer

If you are young and do not have high blood pressure the brining will be OK for you. However, be advised that too much salt when you are young has a build-up potential for giving you health problems later in life. Personally I would opt for the buttermilk.

What's healthiest or not healthiest is individual and based on your overall health and intake needs. If you already have a high daily sodium intake then choose the buttermilk; if a low intake choose the brining. One tip for your brining so it doesn't taste so salty is to add about a tablespoon of sugar to your three tablespoons of salt.

Also if you brine then omit adding any salt to the recipe you use to cook the chicken and if using buttermilk you'll still want to reduce the amount of salt called for in the recipe.

Buttermilk is also high in sodium, although not as high as the brine.

Try cutting the salt in half. I soak my chicken in salt brine, and cut the salt back because of the high salt content. It is still tender and moist without all the salt. I didn't know buttermilk was high in sodium until my mother got high blood presure and told me. I really like my chicken soaked in the brine rather than the buttermilk.

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats ChickenMay 10, 2011
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf79033833.tip.html