Product FinderConsumer Advice

Buying Good Quality Flannel Sheet Sets

Can anyone please tell me how to get a good set of flannel sheets? A few years ago I got a set by Martha Stewart, they washed great. My other half likes them in the winter, luckily I am usually in Florida! Since that set I've purchased some of the most expensive ones I've seen and washed them as instructed first before using.

My goodness, the dryer was full of "fuzz" even after I washed some sets 3 or 4 times! Sets of flannel sheets costing over $150, end up coming out of the drying still covered with balls of "fuzz" which were impossible to sleep in. Luckily they took the sheets back. Any ideas or brands to look for? Thanks.

By Darlene from Bancroft, ON and Marco Island, FL

I bought a set at Bed Bath and Beyond last year and they are still great. Not a huge selection of color or pattern, but the quality is good.

Anonymous

I bought two complete sets of flannel sheets at Penney's for about $40.00 for each set a half dozen years ago or so and they barely left fuzz in the lint catcher after the initial wash and thorough dry. They also never fuzzed, that you mention is impossible to sleep on, which is actually pilling of the fabric. Mine are still in excellent condition after all these years. Often time expensive name brands for anything aren't all they're cracked up to be and you're only paying extra to put in the pocket of the celebrity whose named they are sold under. ;-)