RemovalHair Tips

Plucking Facial Hair Results in Black Spots

Category Removal

I have hairs growing on my cheeks and chin. I usually pluck them. Eventually I have black spots where I have removed the hair. How do I get rid of these marks?

By alisha from Nepal

Anonymous

The only thing I can think of is that these are blackheads. Try washing your face after plucking and then use a toner or really cold water afterwards to close the pores.

Here is information on how to remove the blackheads:
http://www.targ  ead-removal.html

Hope this is helpful.

I have some of those discolorations too. I use Vaniqua (a prescription medicine), which makes the hairs thinner & thinner - much less noticeable. And sometimes I shave the hairs off. Plucking is not so good. I have found that eventually the dark spots fade away. The plucking really doesn't discourage growth.

I hate that! What I do sounds gross, but it works for me. I squeeze those black dots.

What happens for me is that a tiny bit of black something comes out of the pore. Otherwise it looks like I have blackheads. Good luck!

Yes, I do that sometimes with my arm hair. After maybe a day or so, those black spots appear. Like you, I squeeze the skin around them. In my opinion, these are not blackheads, but the babies or the new hair that with grow in place of the one you just plucked. Because when it comes out, its stringy and soft.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Alisha, you can not get Vaniqa without a prescription and if someone tries to sell it to you anyway please run the other direction! That it is a potent cream that can cause serious health issues and especially if you already take 'any' kind of medications (over the counter or otherwise) and that's why you need a doctor's prescription!

Please just at least try the safe suggestions already mentioned here and then if they don't work after two or three months then go to a dermatologist.

I believe that it is just part of the hair root that remains after the hair has been plucked from the follicle. A gentle squeeze will release it from the follicle--just make sure your hands are clean. You will also notice them again when a new hair begins to grow. They look like a dark shadow under the skin.

That is just a bit of the hair bulb that remains in the pore after pulling the hair out.

There the roots of your hair breaking off and getting stuck. Use a dull razor blade and scrape up words against the grain and it will pull them out or at least get them close enough to the surface to tweeze.

Unfortunately, I have that too. From my research and reading, I've learned that it is an ingrown hair. When cleansing your face, try using Aloe Vera Gel and some product that contains Salicylic Acid to open up the pores.

If you have a facial brush, exfoliate your chin, very gently, using that brush. It will take some time, but you should see a difference. In addition to moisturizing your skin, you can try using Pond's Clarant B3 Normal to Dry.

Anonymous

Why not just dab a pea size amount or less on each facial hair with a "facial hair remover"? That way you won't have the remnants of anything left in that follicle for awhile that is, until it grows out again. Use aloe afterwards to sooth your skin.