Plucking Facial Hair Results in Black Spots?

I have hairs growing on my cheeks and chin. I usually pluck them. Eventually I have black spots where I have removed the hair. How do I get rid of these marks?

By alisha from Nepal

The only thing I can think of is that these are blackheads. Try washing your face after plucking and then use a toner or really cold water afterwards to close the pores.

Here is information on how to remove the blackheads:
www.targetwoman.com/.../blackhead-removal.html

Hope this is helpful.

Anonymous

Try and exfoliate your skin and you can rub potatoes on your skin then rub potatoes juice on your skin and leave it for 45 mins do this for a week.

I have some of those discolorations too. I use Vaniqua (a prescription medicine), which makes the hairs thinner & thinner - much less noticeable.

And sometimes I shave the hairs off. Plucking is not so good. I have found that eventually the dark spots fade away. The plucking really doesn't discourage growth.

I hate that! What I do sounds gross, but it works for me. I squeeze those black dots. What happens for me is that a tiny bit of black something comes out of the pore. Otherwise it looks like I have blackheads. Good luck!

Yes, I do that sometimes with my arm hair. After maybe a day or so, those black spots appear. Like you, I squeeze the skin around them. In my opinion, these are not blackheads, but the babies or the new hair that with grow in place of the one you just plucked. Because when it comes out, its stringy and soft.

Anonymous

It is the root that is left in, its not a blackhead. I get them.

Have you ever been tweezing a hair and there will be a gritty sound on your tweezers? What is that?

I believe it's the oil & dirt trapped in the skin

Anonymous

I have hairs growing on my cheeks and chin. I usually pluck them.

Eventually I have black spots where I have removed the hair. How do I get rid of these marks?

Alisha, you can not get Vaniqa without a prescription and if someone tries to sell it to you anyway please run the other direction! That it is a potent cream that can cause serious health issues and especially if you already take 'any' kind of medications (over the counter or otherwise) and that's why you need a doctor's prescription!

Please just at least try the safe suggestions already mentioned here and then if they don't work after two or three months then go to a dermatologist.

I believe that it is just part of the hair root that remains after the hair has been plucked from the follicle. A gentle squeeze will release it from the follicle--just make sure your hands are clean.

You will also notice them again when a new hair begins to grow. They look like a dark shadow under the skin.

That is just a bit of the hair bulb that remains in the pore after pulling the hair out.

There the roots of your hair breaking off and getting stuck. Use a dull razor blade and scrape up words against the grain and it will pull them out or at least get them close enough to the surface to tweeze.

Unfortunately, I have that too. From my research and reading, I've learned that it is an ingrown hair. When cleansing your face, try using Aloe Vera Gel and some product that contains Salicylic Acid to open up the pores.

If you have a facial brush, exfoliate your chin, very gently, using that brush. It will take some time, but you should see a difference. In addition to moisturizing your skin, you can try using Pond's Clarant B3 Normal to Dry.

Anonymous

Why not just dab a pea size amount or less on each facial hair with a "facial hair remover"? That way you won't have the remnants of anything left in that follicle for awhile that is, until it grows out again. Use aloe afterwards to sooth your skin.

I have dark spots on by chin due to plucking of hairs,it has been over a year and I haven't been able to get rid of it,plz someone should help,u know how it feels to have that kind of scar around your chin, everyone will just be starring at you,plz I need answers to remove the spots permanently.Thanks

I have the same issue and I am looking for solutions as well.

I had this same issue. I have chin hair and on my upper lip. My doctor just said "shave it off". So I did. After a while I was gettinng dark spots and they just kept getting darker and more noticeable. Finally, my mom said to just pluck the hair and I did. The spots have slowly went away. I have learned,the hard way, that if I dont soak my tweezers in alcohol before I pluck I break out and then the spots come back. Now as far as discoloration in my skin alone, not being dark hairs, I use a aloe gentle skin bleach.

I only leave it on for half the time required. It works. It lightens it up within a few days. I hope this helps. I have suffered with pcos since I was 19 and in now 38. So the facial hair growth has been such a huge embarassment for me. I dont like nor want the hair on my face. But I also dont want the dark spots or 5oclock shadow either. So I try any and all things I find. Again, I hope this helps you. Good luck.

On the topic of facial hair, how does the concept of plucking /removing hair on face effect actual pore size? After removing facial hair by bulb and shaft, it seems to me the pore would shrink then make the hair grow in finer and finer (continually plucking hair does this) - which is a good thing? (It is amazing how a large pore with a hair in it looks like the cause of a wrinkle!) But my overall question is, does plucking really reduce wrinkles by assuring pores are closed and tight or actually increasing pore size by leaving a "hole" that eventually can't be filled? I am currently experimenting with this to see any differences but am getting mixed results ... could anyone shed light on this?

Anonymous

I get the same thing. They pop like a black head but they arent black heads....I think its the beginning stage of a new hair, but idk.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalMay 3, 2010
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf79450489.tip.html