Party ThemesParties

Police Party

Category Party Themes

I'm throwing a surprise 50th birthday party for my Mom. She loves Law & Order: Special Victims Unit so I was thinking of planning a theme around that. What I need help with is decorations. I've already thought of crime scene tape, lights, mug shots (which will be candid pictures of her), but I'm coming up short.

I'd also need to know where to get some novelty cop/police officer stuff online. The only thing I can find are the kids cop uniforms and heavy-duty handcuffs. Is there anyplace I can get miniature stuff?

Any help will be appreciated.
Jackie

Hey..how your doing? I think you should check out your local army or police store...you there can find things...you can check on-line for, locations around your area....

Depending on the abilities of your mother, why don't you just have a murder for her and her friends to solve? Have one person be the "lab tech" that they can get DNA results from, etc. Then they have to string the clues together - what direction the shot came from, who was standing where, what the DNA that came off the gun had to say, etc.

Rose

You might want to check Oriental Trading Company. I can usually find cute things for any party I'm having. Good luck

Check out your dollar stores they always have cop and robber stuff for the kids like little badges, handcuffs etc. Maybe make a black and white stripe shirt to make your Mom look like a jailbird. You could use black licorice on a cake to look like cell bars. My sister works for the sheriffs dept and so does her fiance they are getting married next year and she (a cake decorator in her spare time) is making the grooms cake like their squad cars. Hope you have fun!

Don't forget to include a chalk outline of someone's body on the floor or driveway!!! Sounds like fun!

You could fingerprint the birthday girl and the guests. Post the "Miranda Rights" on the wall.

Just a thought. If your mom likes the people who play on the show, find pictures of them on the net, print them out, and tape them around the room.