Pictures Help When Buying Parts

When our home electrical box needed repairs - the main breaker was corroded; the system is over 25 years old and we thought we might have difficulty locating parts for repair of the system. My husband took an up close picture of the electrical panel; he took a ruler and photographed the ruler on certain areas of the system so electrical parts personnel could determine if they could supply us with the parts. The pictures were a success and the hardware store we found the parts at (the part had to be ordered) was very appreciative of the picture when he was in the process of ordering the part.

We have decided to take pictures of all the important components in our home (plumbing, electrical, septic tank, etc.) in order to have a visual record. These pictures will be kept in a file and will be updated when repairs or changes are made.

By WandaJo from Collierville

What a wonderful idea! I can not wait to do some photographing myself...gosh this really makes alot of sense, thanks for the idea!

It's a great idea I do it myself. I'm a retired single woman who bought a house 10 yrs ago. My kitchen drain started leaking and not wanting to pay for a plumber I snapped pictures of my P trap that I had taken apart. At the Big Box store I showed them to the sales person who sold me the correct parts to repair the drain. Saved at least $150.00.