BeveragesFood Tips

Cut Frozen OJ Containers in Half

I love freshly made orange juice. I purchase it in the frozen concentrated 12 fluid ounce size. Since I'm the only one that drinks it, in a couple of days it becomes past its best. To solve this problem I started cutting the frozen container of OJ in half.

The instructions say to add 3 containers of water to the concentrated OJ. When I cut the can in half, I use the half can to add the water, filling it 3 times. I take the other half can of frozen OJ and cover it with plastic wrap, secure the wrap with a rubber band, and put it back in the freezer.

In 2-3 days, I'm ready to use it. If you would like to try this, rinse off the outside of the can first and dry it before cutting as a precaution.

By littergitter from NC

Thanks for the tip! I also am the only one that drinks the OJ that I buy. This will surely help me not waste the last little bit at the bottom of the pitcher!

Anonymous

Love your idea! :-)

Why not just open the can & spoon out what you need & mix it with water till it tastes the way you like it? That's what I do with my juice.

Anonymous

Good try WishingHome, but that's easier said than done when trying to get an exact half amount with a spoon. And how would you get the exact half amount of water if there's still juice remaining in the can - LOL. ;-)