MiscellaneousCleaning

Lip Gloss in Hair

Category Miscellaneous

My six year old daughter and her friend put lip gloss in their hair! I can't get the greasy look out of her hair. What can I use?

Karen

By (Guest Post)

Maybe vinegar?

Anonymous

I can help! I can help!

I just read this yesterday!

"As with anything oil based, mayonnaise, vaseline, lip gloss etc., do not wet the hair first before you shampoo! Put the shampoo on your head and wash like normal, then rinse the hair"

This is from a beautician and it was posted for those home rememdies on how to shine your hair. What to do afterwards.

When I was littel I once washed my hair with baby oil, my mom spent the entire morning washing my hair.

I wish we had known then, what I know now!

Shampoo first, then water.

Good luck.

EC

Dish detergent (Dawn works well) instead of shampoo. Add a tablespoon or two of baking soda to it.

Lather, rinse, repeat. This is harsh on the hair, so follow with conditioner. Good luck.

By Donna (Guest Post)

Wash your daughter's hair in DAWN dishwashing liquid. When my daughter was 2, she put almost an entire jar of vaseline in her hair. I washed it 4 times and could not get it out. I decided to wash it in DAWN and it came out!!! Worked great.