Saving Money on Coffee Filters?

Tips for saving money on coffee filters. Post your ideas.

Best Answer

I bought a reusable filter at Walmart. It's mesh and plastic was about 7$CND and probably in the last 7 months has paid for itself.

Best Answer

I have used napkins and they work just fine. I buy them at the dollar store. Very inexpensive.

Instead of buying the more expensive cone filters, I take the cheap white basket filters and cut them in the shape of a cone filter. You can use a regular cone filter as a template. If you don't want to cut each filter, you can fold the filter so its shape is more conical.

By truerblue

Years ago when I started to use generic coffee filters we thought are coffee maker wasn't working properly. It took longer for the coffee to get done and my husband didn't like the flavor of the coffee (I don't drink coffee). I realized it was the coffee filters. I bought the name brand and it was back to working normal. I usually use generic products but sometimes they don't work well. Recently, I read a hint to save on the cost of coffee. If you make coffee daily, leave the old grounds and add fresh coffee, half the amount that you usually use. As of now, I have been doing this for three weeks, and my husband doesn't know since he hasn't complained about the flavor.

By Claudia (Guest Post)

I have heard that a folded paper towel works well for this, although I have never tried it.

By a doctor (Guest Post)

Reusing coffee grounds can be dangerous. mold and mildew can grow inside the coffee pot where the grounds are because of the moisture when the lid is closed.

If you leave the lid up, there is a large probability of other things getting into your grounds. I wouldn't suggest doing this. Over time, it can make you very sick.

If you don't want to pay for coffee filters, get a reusable mesh filter. Paper towels are not cheaper and may contain chemicals. If someone is trying to save money by not buying filters I wonder if they are throwing other money out the window. I mean by buying soda, cigarettes, prepackaged dinners, fast food etc. Get a reusable filter and forget about it.

I buy coffee filters; they are so cheap I'd never take the time to cut down a paper napkin or paper towel. And filters are cheaper than paper towel or napkins. I'm frugal but I think this is taking it a little too far.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesApril 20, 2005
👔
👒
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf80695809.tip.html